My latest smoothie creation and it is currently a family favourite!! Please be aware though, it is a “honey vegan” recipe with a vegan option. I have a couple of these on my blog, mainly because honey is still one way to get my kids to eat raw foods. Peace 🙂
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 2x4cm slices frozen rockmelon (cantaloupe)
- 1 large handful of baby spinach
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract or 1/8 length of a vanilla bean
- 1 tsp bee pollen or hemp hearts
- 2 tsp raw honey or maple syrup (or to taste, I have a bit of a sweet tooth!)
- 1 tsp spirulina
- 500ml fresh almond milk (check out the link to see how to make your own luffy raw almond milk. Soo much better than shop bought! 😉 )
Peel and freeze your banana over night. I peel a whole bunch at a time, so we always have a good supply of frozen bananas on hand. When they are becoming over ripe is the best time as their flavour is better. Freeze them in a good sized container or simply wrap them in alfoil.
Peel and de-seed your rockmelon. Cut into chunks (2cmx4cm). Store in an appropriate container and pop them in the freezer.
Rinse the baby spinach and pop all the ingredients into you high-speed blender. The rockmelon freezes rather hard, so start out on a low speed and increase slowly and then on high for 30 seconds or so. You might need to use you tamper to get it all moving a bit better.
A lovely summery drink. Cheers!!