It’s the first month of Autumn here in Australia and pumpkin soup is such a lovely traditional autumn dish and a real tummy warmer.
- 1/2 butternut pumpkin, cut into cubes
- 1 large carrot, cut into chunks
- 1/2 an apple, skin and all
- 1/2 spanish onion, peeled
- 1 thumb-sized garlic clove, bruised and peeled
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger
- 1 tsp curry powder
- Himalayan rock salt and freshly group black pepper
- Some of your favourite vegan stock powder (I am still looking for a good one!)
- 600ml filtered water
- 150ml coconut milk
- 100 ml coconut cream
- 1 cup of fresh coriander leaves
Set aside the coconut cream and coriander leaves for garnish. Place all other ingredients in a high-powered blender (I use a Vitamix) and blend until warm, approximately 4 minutes. Pour into bowls and serve with spoonfuls of coconut cream, coriander leaves and cracked pepper. Delicious!
Serves about 4-6 depending on whether it is being served as a main or entree.
Inspiration for this recipe came from the VITA MIX website.