I may have mentioned before that I love salads and I really do! Here is one I stumbled across on Facebook at Wendy’s Kitchen Table and yes I’ve adapted it 🙂
- 1 cup coconut cream
- juice of a lime
- 1 Tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 – 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- a crack or two of black pepper
- 4 average sized zucchinis, julienned
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- ½ red capsicum, julienned (optional)
- 2 Tsp chopped mint
- 2 Tsp chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup of pine nuts or you could use sunflower seeds
Julienning hard! But there is a kitchen gadget that does it beautifully. It’s just like a vegetable peeler, but it has teeth that give you thin strips instead. Alternatively, if you’re lucky enough to own a spiralizer, it works really well for this recipe too.
Combine coconut cream, lime juice, maple syrup and salt & pepper in a lidded jar or small bowl. Shake/whisk well. Pour over prepared vegetables and herbs and toss well. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavours to blend. Sprinkle pine nuts or sunflower seeds before serving.